If there were any two flavors that were meant to be eaten together it was chocolate and coffee. This amazing mocha iced coffee recipe is quick, easy, and delicious. The rich flavors of cocoa powder mixed with espresso coffee are a delight but the real magic happens because this drink is iced. The icy nature of this refreshment allows for the more subtle flavors of coffee and chocolate to be enjoyed. The mocha infused cold coffee drink reduces the hot temperature of the average coffee drink, so the overpowering coffee flavor does not mask the cocoa. You can use a blender or stir with a spoon. You can serve about four individual mugs from this mocha iced coffee recipe.
Mocha Iced Coffee Recipe Steps
- The first step is to brew 3 cups (24 ounces) of double strength coffee using dark roast coffee beans. Strong dark roast coffee comes very close in taste to espresso which can be used as a substitute.
- Then fill an ice cube tray with half of the brewed coffee and place in the freezer until frozen.
- Combine the remainder of the coffee with ½ cup (4 ounces) of unsweetened cocoa powder, and 2 cups (16 ounces) of milk in a bowl and mix until cocoa is dissolved.
- Take frozen coffee from ice tray and blend to small chunks of ice and portion frozen coffee in four glasses
- Next pour coffee mixture into the four glasses evenly and top with whip cream
- Whip cream can be added and topped by sprinkling on additional cocoa powder.
Mocha Iced Coffee Recipe Summary
Not only can you drink this rich chocolate coffee beverage to refresh yourself on hot afternoons but this mocha iced coffee recipe can be used as a dessert after a meal. You can customize your own concoction with flavored syrups, cinnamon powder, or even ice cream. This recipe is truly the best of both worlds having both bold espresso coffee and rich chocolate cocoa powder in a delightful iced drink.